Saturday, December 28, 2013
Steps to Cancer Prevention
• Do not use tobacco in any form.
• Eat a varied menu (whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and beans, without added fats), which supplies generous amounts of fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
• Have a variety of colors within your daily menu.
• Consume at least 40 grams of fibre per day.
• Avoid animal products and minimize added vegetable oils.
• Minimize alcohol intake.
• Engage in regular physical activity.
• Maintain your weight at or near your ideal level.
• Avoid excessive sunlight and unnecessary X-rays.
• Be sure to take a daily multiple vitamin without added minerals, or other reliable source of vitamin B12. Adults need 2.4 micrograms per day.