Applying the Precautionary Principle to Diet and Cancer, Six Tips to Reduce the Occurrence of Cancer
- Avoid dairy products to reduce risk of prostate cancer.
- Limit or avoid alcohol to reduce the risk of cancers of the mouth, pharynx, larynx, esophagus, colon, rectum, and breast.
- Avoid red and processed meat to reduce the risk of cancers of the colon and rectum.
- Avoid grilled, fried, and broiled meats to reduce the risk of cancers of the colon, rectum, breast, prostate, kidney, and pancreas.
- Women should consume soy products in adolescence to reduce risk of breast cancer. Breast cancer survivors should consume soy products to reduce risk of cancer recurrence and overall mortality.
- Eat a diet rich in fruits and vegetables to reduce risk of several forms of cancer.